Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

John Is Fit

John Is Fit


BTB Sports Optics Sunglasses Review

Posted: 27 Oct 2011 06:29 PM PDT

Disclaimer: BTB Sports Optics sent me this product to review, however I am under no obligation to do so nor to make the review positive. This review reflects my personal opinion about this product.

We took a short vacation to Chicago last week and I figured it would be a good opportunity to put my new BTB2100 Foam sunglasses to the test. Wednesday and Thursday were a little drizzly but the sun came out for Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I was able to get a little testing in.

BTB Sunglasses

BTB Sports Optics

BTB was founded with the mission to introduce a line of sport and recreational sunglasses that provided the following:

  • Superior Optic Quality
  • Complete UVA & UVB Protection
  • Frame Construction Materials of the Highest Quality and Durability
  • Complimentary Styles and "Formed Fit" for Comfort
  • Diverse Usage Applications for the Consumer
  • Aggressive and Affordable Price Point

The company says that BTB Sports Optics are the best $100 sunglasses you can buy for under $50.

BTB2100 Foam Sunglasses

Willis Tower

Willis Tower, Chicago

The glasses that I chose to review were the BTB2100 Foam sunglasses. Why? Frankly, because I liked the red color – that's about the degree of my knowledge when it comes to sunglasses selection. List price of these are $39.95, their other glasses range from $34.95 to $49.95. They came shipped in a nice box and included a good quality draw-string bag for the sunglasses themselves.

Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe Sculpture, Chicago

Here are a few observations I had about the glasses after wearing them in Chicago for a couple of days. First of all, the fit was absolutely perfect. Other sunglasses I have purchased over the years are invariably too small for my fat head. Not this – frame didn't have to stretch at all, very comfortable fit.

While I didn't benefit from the foam lining in this model during a walk in Chicago, I could see where having that nice snug fit along along the edges of the glasses would be great in dusty conditions, biking, or perhaps during water sports. I did feel a little out of place wearing these on the streets of Chicago because of that and in fact my kids said they thought I looked a little silly. But they also both tried the pair on!

Cloud Gate

Cloud Gate (The Bean), Chicago

I really don't know of any great way to properly evaluate the degree to which any pair of sunglasses blocks out the sun, but certainly they felt like they did the job.

Check out their blog for some cool videos of their sunglasses being shot by a shotgun and a .22 caliber rifle. I don't plan to need that kind of protection but it's pretty cool to watch.

They've also got a post called 10 Things You Didn't Know About Sunglasses with, if they are real, some pretty radical sunglasses used by the Alaskan Intuit's. They didn't use lenses like the current standard sunglasses. Instead they were flattened pieces of walrus ivory with small slits carved out of the eye sections. Very cool!

Overall, I'm a fan of BTB Sports Optics and I will be spending some of my own money on another pair for every day use.

Interested in obtaining a pair of BTB sunglasses for yourself? They have a lot of models to choose from. Shop at BTB Sports Optics, pick a pair or two of your favorite sunglasses, and then use the promotional code JOHNISFIT20 at checkout to receive a 20% discount!

Visit my sponsors:

1) DreamHost – Web Hosting used by johnisfit.com
2) Go Daddy – Domain registration
3) Intellilinks – Earn money publishing links on your website

Post from: John Is Fit - Personal Weight Loss Blog

BTB Sports Optics Sunglasses Review

0 comments:

Post a Comment