Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

John Is Fit

John Is Fit


Traveling Week – Meals for Sunday 07 31 2011

Posted: 31 Jul 2011 07:12 PM PDT

I always pick really bad times to re-start my weight loss journey but I guess that's better than not starting at all. The challenge for me this week is that I'm traveling on business and will be tempted by many situations. Reviewing Dumb Little Man's How To Maintain Healthy Habits When Traveling to get some ideas. One thing I'm planning on doing is journaling my food for the week.

Omelet

Breakfast

I was still at home for breakfast and I made a simple 2-egg omelet stuffed with 2 slices of leftover bacon and about 2 ounces of deli turkey. Added a few tablespoons of shredded cheese. I guess for calorie purposes I need to mention the ounce or so of milk and tiny amount of butter used in the preparation of the omelet. Dry slice of toast and a bowl of red seedless grapes completed a pretty tasty breakfast.

Sushi

Lunch

I didn't plan my lunch very well as I had a 1:09pm flight and really should have eaten something before I left for the airport. Since I didn't, I was hungry shortly before boarding and didn't want to be on a plane (even the short flight to Chicago) when I was starving. So I checked out my options at the airport.

I was going to go to Subway but the line was too long so I took a look at Wok & Roll, a Chinese place. Lots of very tempting, no-doubt hi-calorie options. I opted for sushi. Downside of buying in the airport? This little bit of sushi and a small diet coke cost me $15! Sushi combo included raw salmon, raw tuna, cooked eel and raw snapper.

Dinner

After landing in Chicago I rented a car and drove to Grand Rapids, Michigan, which is about a 3 hour drive. I started getting hungry a couple of hours into the drive and since it was about dinner time by then I decided to take the next exit that featured a Subway. Of course I didn't realize until after I exited that it was a couple of miles off the freeway. That was annoying.

I was planning to eat in the restaurant but their AC was out and it was hotter inside than it was outside, and that's saying something because it was about 90 degrees outside. I ordered a foot long veggie sub with avocado, no cheese, no oil and I didn't get anything else like chips, apples or yogurt.

I ended up going to McDonald's drive-through to get a coffee and the line was so long that I ate the sandwich while in line. Better than trying to eat while driving.

As I write this before I go to bed I've get a little bit of the munchies but I'm not going to do anything about it. Mostly because I don't have anything to eat and am too lazy to leave the hotel room.

Al in all, a decent day on the eating front although I do need to do some research on that sushi as it wouldn't surprise me if its more calories than I am estimating (600).

First of hopefully many good days.

Visit my sponsors:

1) DreamHost – Web Hosting used by johnisfit.com
2) Go Daddy – Domain registration
3) Intellilinks – Earn money publishing links on your website

Post from: John Is Fit - Personal Weight Loss Blog

Traveling Week – Meals for Sunday 07 31 2011

How to Get Your Gym Plan and Diet Back on Track

Posted: 31 Jul 2011 06:12 PM PDT

This is a guest post by Joe Johnson.

Ok, no matter how determined we are to reach our goals, or how much we love working out, we've all fallen off the wagon at some point. Maintaining an effective exercise program and clean, healthy diet plan is no easy task, and even those of us who've got it nailed, keeping it up day after day, month after month, year after year is virtually impossible. Even top-level bodybuilders and athletes need some downtime now again, to retain their sanity, if nothing else.

The thing that separates the successes and the failures however is not whether they falter from time to time, but how effectively they can recover and get back on track. Nine times out of ten, the toughest part about getting your training and diet back on song is motivation. When it comes down to it, motivation can only come from within, but here are a few tips to help you:

  • Create a detailed workout and/or diet plan, define a concrete start date
  • Define your goals and specify a time period for you to achieve them
  • Buy yourself some new gym gear to give you an incentive
  • Join a new gym for a change of scenery to freshen things up
  • Checkout YouTube for some new training ideas (as an added bonus I find watching other people train makes me want to get in the gym asap!)
  • Buy a healthy recipe book to give some new, tasty meal ideas

Setting foot in the gym or eating that first meal of grilled chicken and veg can be tough if you haven't done it for a while, but getting over that initial hurdle will set the ball rolling and make you hungry for success once more. The key thing to remember is that you've done it before and learned some valuable lessons about what does and does not work, meaning you have an established platform to build upon.

Of course your mental state is only one part of the equation, your body needs to be ready for your new exercise and diet plan as well, and ensuring you assess your physical state before you restart will prevent injuries which could put you out of action indefinitely.

Whether you are training predominately with weights or favouring aerobic workouts, you'll need to ease back into a conservative workout program, rather than simply reverting to the level you trained at at your peak. Warming up and stretching will also be extremely important when easing yourself back into training so ensure they form a significant portion of your program.

When all is said and done, the knowledge that you've been there and done it before means you have a key advantage when restarting an exercise or diet plan. Remember this and use that knowledge wisely to ensure your new regime doesn't stagnate. Make time for the gym, be measured in your food choices, and most importantly, love your training!

Visit my sponsors:

1) DreamHost – Web Hosting used by johnisfit.com
2) Go Daddy – Domain registration
3) Intellilinks – Earn money publishing links on your website

Post from: John Is Fit - Personal Weight Loss Blog

How to Get Your Gym Plan and Diet Back on Track

0 comments:

Post a Comment